You will have constant customer interaction, as well as a chance to meet local residents and vacationing tourists (tourists primarily visit during the spring and summer) from all over the US and abroad. Steps from the ocean, casinos, and nightlife, Atlantic City is one of New Jersey’s best summer tourist destinations on the Jersey Shore. Atlantic City has an excellent transportation system and Work & Travel participants from all over the world. Atlantic City is only 2.5 hours from NYC, 1 hour from Philadelphia, and 3 hours from Washington D.C.. Spend your summer living near the beach and working by the ocean. Enjoy world class shopping, casinos, nightlife, and free citywide weekly events. Atlantic City with its close proximity to Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York offers participants the ability to visit great United States cities on their days off. Visit museums, memorials, Lucy the Elephant, Absecon Lighthouse, and America’s first Boardwalk.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32 per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – June 21st until September 25th
- Intermediate English;
- Common Area: Responsible for maintaining the carpets, rugs, tiles, and upholstery to ensure they look their best at all times. Duties include but are not limited to: cleaning all public areas, cleaning restaurant areas, and upper floor windows, using soap, water, and chemicals for carpet cleaning as appropriate, removing hard stains from furniture and carpets, and taking stock of cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment. You will also have to move furniture as necessary for cleaning purposes, assume responsibilities and assist housemen when needed, bring deliveries to the department, and assist laundry attendants in operating machines when necessary. Must be able to stand for an entire shift and be able to move throughout the hotel areas. Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and flexible shift hours. Must not have allergies to dust or cleaning chemicals. Must have the following abilities: bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, climbing, lifting, carrying, and kneeling. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 75lbs (34.02kg);
- Training at your assigned store is paid at the hourly rate;
- Participants will be issued uniform tops. Participants will need to purchase black, non-skid, close-toed shoes and black trousers. You must have skid-resistant shoes to work.
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing will be provided by the employer at a cost of $175.00 per week, per student. A deposit of $175.00 will be paid to the employer upon arrival;
- Transportation – Walking.
|Работна позиција:||Common Area|
|Локација на работа:||Atlantic City|