Locations: (1 for each location-Brocks and High Prairie, AB)
Pay rate: $98,817.00 per year.
We are looking for veterinarians with a focus on large animal / mixed animal medicine, able to provide exceptional patient care and client services in the rural community practices of High Prairie and Brooks, AB
DVM’s (NOC Code 3114).
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests;
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery;
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases; Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations;
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals;
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia;
- May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers;
- May be responsible for the overall operation of the animal hospital, clinic or mobile service to farms;
- May conduct veterinary research related to areas such as animal nutrition, health care products development and disease prevention and control;
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal or animal-based food inspection.
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Housing: Brooks and the County of Newell offer a wide range of housing possibilities, from a room to rent to a house on an acreage or by the lake. Lake Newell Resort is located on the northernmost tip of Lake Newell, each home is in close proximity to the lake. House prices are reasonable and for the cost of a house in a big city, you can buy some land and live with your horses, chickens and other critters in the County.
Education: Brooks has three high schools, three junior high schools, five elementary schools and three primary schools The schools are operated by Grasslands Public Schools, Christ the Redeemer School Division (Catholic) and Francosud (Francophone). Brooks also has a satellite campus of the Medicine Hat College where one can pursue secondary or adult continuing education.
Entertainment Sports: The JBS Leisure Centre is the area’s main recreation centre. It includes one arena, a curling rink, an aquatic centre with a waterslide and wave pool, a gymnasium, a fitness centre, and multipurpose rooms. The Duke of Sutherland Park features baseball diamonds, a soccer field, a playground and a waterpark with spray features for toddlers and a play structure for older children. The Centennial Regional Arena (Silver Sage Arena) is a multi-purpose facility home to several user groups, including the famous hockey team, the Brooks Bandits. There are two football teams in Brooks: the Roadrunners and the Buffalos. Brooks is home to a Western Canadian Baseball League franchise named the Brooks Bombers. Shows: Brooks has one movie theatre and seasonal concert and theatre series Nature: Brooks has several walking trails throughout the city and around Lake Stafford. Just 15 minutes out of town, in the County of Newell, there are multiple hiking trails that you follow on foot, bicycle or on your horse. Lake Newell is a large lake located 15 minutes South of Brooks. There is a small beach, a boat launch and a campground where people gather for a BBQ or a week by the lake in the summer. Fishing, sailing and ice fishing are favourite activities on the lake. Quiet, Spacious and Family orientated, Lake Newell Resort has a public marina where one can go sailing, boating. There are three provincial parks in the County of Newell: Dinosaur Provincial Park, a World Heritage Site, to the northeast, Tillebrook Provincial Park to the east and Kinbrook Island Provincial Park to the south. In addition, there are several other recreational sites in the area including the Rolling Hills Reservoir, Crawling Valley Reservoir, Bassano dam and Emerson Bridge. The area in and around Brooks is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts with a large lake community ten minutes away, as well as being surrounded by a large progressive ranching community. Brooks is a city with many amenities, activities, and is only an hour and three-quarter drive from the city of Calgary.
|Плата:||$98,817.00 per year.|
|Локација на работа:||Brocks & High Prairie|