Company Description and Location:
We offer subsidized housing, fun and safe work environment, and meal and gift shop discounts. Skagway area abounds with natural beauty and adventures like hiking, fishing, rock climbing, zip-lining. While there are no strip malls or big corporate stores, there is a variety of stores to shop in. We brew and serve our own beer, have an onsite aeroponic farm where we grow our own salad greens, and we serve delicious pub food with a twist! Our town is very small and all employees are encouraged to participate in any activities and events to help them become familiar with the history and story of Skagway. These events are organized by the Chamber, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, Skagway Development Corporation, and National Park Service to help seasonal workers experience what the tourists see/do and become familiar with the history of Skagway and local attractions, shopping and recreation are available in Skagway.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32
Start Date/End Date: June 1st until September 19th
- Advanced to Proficient English level is required;
- Pantry Cook: You must prep and maintain a stocked station. Must memorize and employ our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures. Maintain and follow proper food handling, safety, and sanitation procedures, which include all phases of food production and service including storage, rotation, preparation, recipe adherence, cooking methods, plate presentation, quality, service, and production time adherence. Advanced English and language skills. Friendly, happy disposition. Ability to stay organized, while adapting to quickly changing demands/ $15.00 + tips
- Dishwasher, BOH Assistant: The Dishwasher/BOH Assistant position is a very physical, wet, and fast-paced work environment. Must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves, travel up and down stairs multiple times a shift, and stand for eight hours. Must follow directions and read safety instructions and report any concerns immediately. Duties include sorting, stacking, and rinsing dirty dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc, operating the dishwasher, running the clean cycle, and unloading it, stacking, drying, and returning clean items to the appropriate location, taking out trash and compost and breaking down cardboard boxes/ $15.00 + tips
- Prep Cook: The Prep Cook position is responsible for working alongside a team preparing ingredients and recipes for all menu items, according to our proven recipes in an efficient manner while maintaining quality, cleanliness standards, and effective communication. You will be on your feet for your entire shift. Must adhere to our recipe preparation and serving portion sizes. Maintain and follow proper food handling, safety, and sanitation procedures, which include all phases of food production and service including storage, rotation, preparation, recipe adherence, cooking methods, plate presentation, quality, and production time adherence. Evaluate finished products for appearance, taste, smell, and texture according to internal specifications/ $15.00 + tips
- Line/Fry Cook: You must prep and maintain a stocked station. The main food you will be preparing is battering and frying fresh Alaskan halibut and frozen items such as french fries, onion rings, chicken tenders, popcorn shrimp, etc. Must memorize and employ our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures. Work with a team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed/ $15.00 + tips
- Server Assistant: You will assist the servers with refilling water glasses, delivering correct drink and meal items to guest tables using small and large trays, ensuring guests have all they need and/or providing extra requested items at the table, communicating with servers and kitchen staff in a timely manner, and helping clean and reset tables. Must have great customer service. Must know table numbers and have general food menu knowledge so you have the ability to assist with guest requests or questions/ $15.00 + tips
- Your employer will train you in your assigned position
- Employer provides 2 uniform shirts. Bring non-slip shoes with good support for being on your feet all shift. Nice pants with no rips, holes, or stains.
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is assisted by the employer at a cost of $280.00 per month, per student. A deposit of $280 will be paid to the employer upon arrival. The deposit is refunded if the house is left clean and without damage.
|Работна позиција:||Restaurant worker|
|Плата:||$15 + tips|
|Локација на работа:||Skagway|