Company Description and Location:
Denali Visions is an independently owned local business right outside Denali National Park that focuses on ensuring our employees have a great Alaskan experience. Denali Visions 3000 encompasses several restaurants & a hotel. Our employees have a great opportunity to get a second job if desired, participate in local activities hosted by our neighboring tour companies at a discounted rate, and meet new friends worldwide. In Denali Visions 3000 restaurants we emphasize its high-quality menu items, a large selection of spirits & craft beers, nightly entertainment, and outstanding customer service. Our team will host trips to Fairbanks, movie night, craft night, guided hikes into the park, employee BBQ, and softball. The Denali Park Salmon Bake hosts a J1 dance party every Wednesday night. The neighboring tour companies offer discounted tours & expeditions to all local employees. Some tours are rafting trips down the Nenana River, ATV rides, flight-seeing tours of Denali, husky homestead dog sled demonstrations and tour,s etc.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – July 1st until September 30th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Prep Cook: Responsible for the preparation of raw foods into an approved recipe format in preparation for cooking. Must be detail-oriented & able to follow instructions. You will be assisting the Cook, preparing food items for cooking; stocking food items as needed; cleaning & maintaining kitchen & food prep equipment; maintaining proper sanitation controls of products; and preparing sauces, vegetables, meat (pork), fish, and poultry items properly. You must be able to stand for your entire shift and be able to lift up to 50lbs/23kg. Previous pizza experience is a plus / $12.00 per hour
- Dishwasher & Front of House Utility: Your primary role is dishwasher; however, based on your performance you will be able to work as a Front of House Utility (busser/food runner/expo) for 1-2 shifts a week which will give you an opportunity to earn tips. Duties include but are not limited to; washing pots & pans by hand in very hot water & using the dishwasher for glasses, dishes & cutlery and then stacking clean items in the appropriate area. The kitchen needs to be sanitary, tidy & clean at all times. Responsible for removing the trash, cleaning grease traps, & mopping the kitchen area. Your hands will be exposed to sanitizer. Very hard physical work; must be able to lift 50lbs/23kg. / $13.00 per hour
- Line Cook: Line Cooks are responsible for the preparation, assembly, and final presentation of ingredients according to the recipes and specifications and for ensuring the quality of cooked/prepared food by testing them. These individuals will utilize a large range of kitchen skills, including slicing, grinding, frying, and baking during food service. Line cooks are also responsible for the detection and disposal of unattractive and spoiled foods. They will promote a safety culture in all areas of the workplace, including food safety, customer safety, and the safety of team members. Must commit to the end of the contract date. Must have Advanced English to read instructions & recipes, as well as communicate with the other cooks. Responsible for the preparation of raw foods into an approved recipe format to create finished food products. Must be detail-oriented & able to follow instructions. Job duties may include preparing food items for cooking; stocking food items as needed; cleaning & maintaining kitchen & food prep equipment; maintaining proper sanitation controls of products; preparing sauces, vegetables, meat (pork), fish and poultry items properly and cooking to restaurant standards. You must be able to stand for your entire shift and be able to lift up to 50lbs/23kg / $13.50 per hour
- Employee Meal Plan available at a subsidized price. Meals are not free;
- Paid hourly training.;
- The employer will provide a uniform at a cost of $20. You must bring non-slip, closed-toe and heel shoes and black slacks. No jeans. You should bring at least 1 long sleeve black button-up shirt.
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation is arranged by the employer at a cost of $: $96.00 per week. A refundable deposit of $200 is required upon arrival. Employees live in dormitory-style housing with access to hot showers, bathrooms, internet, rec room, transportation to work, and basic continental breakfast included. Basic accommodations in Atco-style housing. The bathhouse is in the adjacent building. Not attached to rooms.
- Shuttle service provided for employees;
|$12.00 - $13.00
|Локација на работа: