Start Date: October–December 2021
Program Duration: 12–18 months
Compensation: $15 per hour
Housing: not provided
Host Company Description:
The host company is a family-owned, children’s furniture manufacturer and distributer located in New York City. It sells its products at major retailers like Walmart, Target, and Amazon, and small, local shops. They donate ten percent of all profits towards improving the lives of underprivileged children by giving back to the communities that need help the most. They are seeking a talented individual to join their logistics team who is eager to improve their skills in the field.
- Daily communication with factories and internal departments
- Oversee the production orders’ process: entry, follow-up, and update
- Communicating customers’ specific shipping requirements to factories and provide information in a timely manner while working with logistics to ensure customers’ bookings
- Order planning and prioritization to optimize efficiency
- Monitor available inventory
- Plan and improve efficiencies and operational processes alongside the Production Manager
- Document and ensure accuracy of current processes
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of logistics, international business or similar OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in logistics, international business or similar and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP – role in Excel heavy)
- Excellent math skills
- Exceptional attention to accuracy, detail, and time-management skills
|Плата:||$15 per hour|
|Локација на работа:||New York|