Start Date: May–June 2023
Training Duration: 12–18 months
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Host Company Description:
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, this law firm serves the Portland, Oregon area with social security disability cases. With years of knowledge and experience in this area of law, they are able to aid clients in navigating the difficult and frustrating social security system to get them the help they need and rely on. The firm provides assistance in cases involving Social Security Disability Benefits, Disabled Widow(er)’s Benefits, and more.
- Participate in opportunities to learn and work on all aspects of cases
- Conduct intake, legal research, and investigation
- Prepare and file complaints
- Participate in deposition, trial, resolution, and appeal processes
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with an academic focus in law studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship beginning date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold law degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Two years (or more) of experience working as a paralegal is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with legal research
- Familiarity with drafting legal documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
|Работна позиција:||Law Office|
|Локација на работа:||Portland|