Start Date: TBD
Training Duration: 12 months
Compensation: $14.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Host Company Description:
We are the largest Social Security Disability law firm in the Pacific Northwest. Our office is located in SE Portland, Oregon. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for professional growth for all of our employees. We value employee growth and satisfaction.
If you are motivated by a strong sense of social justice and want the opportunity to help a very vulnerable population, the challenges of this job will not hold you back. There is no limit to what you can learn at this firm. This is an environment where you can trust yourself and be creative in your work. Many of the employees who work here come from a broad range of employment backgrounds, education levels, and life circumstances.
- Participate in opportunities to learn and work on all aspects of cases
- Conduct intake, legal research, and investigation
- Prepare and file complaints
- Participate in deposition, trial, resolution, and appeal processes
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be full-time university students with an academic focus in law studies OR have graduated less than 12 months from the internship begin date.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold law degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years in the field
- Applicants must speak advanced English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with legal research
- Familiarity with drafting legal documents
|Работна позиција:||Law Internship|
|Локација на работа:||Portland|