tart Date: March-May 2023
Training Duration: 12–18 months
Hours: 32-40 hours/week
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Housing: Not provided
Host Company Description:
Located just outside of the U.S. capital, this landscaping company provides full-service landscaping from design for new spaces to the maintenance of gardens, water features, irrigation systems, and more. Creating, maintaining, and growing landscapes and client relationships are at the core of this hosting company. They are seeking an intern or trainee interested in landscape design with a passion for horticulture and architecture to join their team.
- Creating digital landscape designs, rendered landscape plans, and construction details, and assisting with proposals and cost estimates for high-end residential and commercial properties based on accurate field verification, measurements, and analyses. Design scope will include, but is not limited to:
- Plantings and landscape designs
- Pools, spas & water features
- Structures: decks, screened porches, pool houses, pavilions, pergolas
- Patios, walkways, retaining walls
- Fireplaces & fire pits
- Outdoor kitchens
- Landscape Lighting
- Drainage solutions, etc.
- Attending on-site meetings with the sales team and/or clients. Taking comprehensive notes about site conditions and client design needs. Assisting with elevation and site measurements.
- Coordinating with vendors and subcontractors including civil and structural engineers. Assisting with permitting process when required.
- Serving as one of the primary contacts for new and existing clients and ensuring those relationships are fostered and maintained through the boutique experience.
- Coordinating and collaborating with team members within the company to ensure clients are taken care of from beginning to end.
- Being a voice and face for the host company while representing the company in front of clients, in the community, and with vendors.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an architecture/landscape architecture undergraduate student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a degree in architecture/landscape architecture and have at least 1 year of work experience in a related field OR be a career professional with 5 or more years of experience.
- Must speak Advanced English (reading and writing)
- A minimum of two years of landscape and hardscape design experience preferred
- An in-depth understanding of landscape construction products, methods, and procedures. Knowledge of horticultural materials and planting techniques specific to the mid-Atlantic region as well as prior experience installing plants and/or hardscaping materials are a plus.
- Experience in reading scaled landscape plans, engineering plan sets, and construction details.
- Ability to calculate labor costs and material requirements and quantities based on site plans.
- Proficiency with technology/software such as Vectorworks (& other design software), Adobe Photoshop, Go iLawn, and Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook & Excel)
|Работна позиција:||Landscape Design|
|Локација на работа:||Great Falls|