Islander Souvenirs receives rave reviews from the students: great employer, location, hours and work conditions! The owners, the Clarks, have been operating retail stores in Port Aransas since 1972. They are great people who have had international students for many years and really enjoy the experience. Mustang Island is located north of Padre Island, the longest barrier island in the world and south of San Jose Island, renowned for its shelling. Running parallel to the mainland, barrier islands protect the coast from the full force of powerful storm waves. While visiting Port Aransas, be sure to view our five historical markers, historic Lydia Ann lighthouse and historical cemetery located throughout our town. Markers include the Tarpon Inn, Aransas Pass C.S.A., World War II Coastal Defenses at the Aransas Pass, United States Coast Guard on Mustang Island and the newly dedicated Mustang Island marker, which is located at the museum. Experience the history of our town with a trip to the Port Aransas Museum.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32 per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st- 27th June until 30th September
- Advanced English;
- Cashier,Stocker: Ringing up sales, straightening and filling displays, assisting customers. Students must be willing and able to perform both functions and other tasks as required by the employer. Experience with U.S. currency is helpful. Do not apply if you have allergies or sensitivities to cleaning products. You will be helping keep the store maintained. This includes cleaning the break room, bathroom, dealing with trash, etc. Additional duties will be given by management. Students must be friendly, helpful, approachable, honest, and take pride in their job. You must also possess a team spirit and a great attitude! You will be working as a stocker and cashier. Students must be friendly, helpful, approachable, honest, and take pride in their job. You must also possess a team spirit and a great attitude;
- Training will be provided.;
- Employer will provide 2 work shirts. You need to bring shorts and/or pants and athletic shoes. Shorts or pants can be any color (black, blue, white, khaki, etc). Jeans are fine as well. Nice looking pants or shorts. Shoes can be any color as well.
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing assisted by employer at a cost of $90.00per week, per student. Deposit of $100 will be paid to the employer upon arrival. As long as you have not damaged the property and left it the way you found it, you will receive your deposit back;
- Transportation – Walking or biking
|Локација на работа:||Port Aransas|