Start Date: Early 2024
Program Duration: 12–18 months
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Host Company Description:
This host offers a wide range of construction, civil construction, construction management, and facilities support services. Their mission is to offer quality and professional services that meet their clients’ needs and budget, with safety and efficiency at the forefront of their work. They are located in Jackson, MS, and are a woman-owned, minority-owned business.
- The responsibilities of the graphic design intern will be to work hand in hand with our social media team to create vibrant and creative content for our communication strategies.
- You will be invited to attend our Brain Trust Meetings, which take place once a week for an hour over Zoom to discuss communication strategies for our platforms in conjunction with Mississippi College School of Art. The internship period lasts 12 months.
- Graphic designers will have the opportunity to train with an Instagram podcast series where we are documenting the design and construction, rebuilding, and redevelopment of public spaces in the rural city of Rolling Fork, Mississippi, after the devastation of an E4 tornado. Each episode is also a fundraiser for the development of these public spaces to become more resilient and energy-efficient initiatives. Episodes will be posted on the IG and Facebook handles of IPC and Rolling Fork. All products and merchandise will be designed by our team of graphic designers with the assistance of interns, and 100% of the profits will be donated to families relocating back to Rolling Fork. As a member of the graphic design team, you will have the opportunity to create designs for new merchandise items-brainstorm some products you’d like to see or design!
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of graphic design or marketing OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or marketing and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicant must speak and write with advanced English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook
- Strong verbal, written, and communications skills required.
- Applicant should have a highly professional demeanor
- Strong passion to be a part of a diverse team looking to do good in the world
- Motivated, flexible, and with a strong work ethic
- Passion for charity work, fundraising, and social media
- Internship experience in marketing and/or social media is required.
- Slogging and photography experience are required.
- Experience with Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator CC, CorelDRAW, Gravit Designer, lnkscape, Sketch, and Xara Designer Pro
|Работна позиција:||Graphic Design Program|
|Локација на работа:||Jackso|