Ghirardelli is an awesome employer. You will have an opportunity to meet people from all over the U.S. and the world. Monterey is a city with many attractions including the neighboring city of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Monterey’s fabled coast and village-like pedestrian thoroughfares. John Steinbeck was a frequent visitor, and drew considerable inspiration from area landmarks including Cannery Row, which he helped to immortalize in his novel of the same name and lived within walking distance of our store. Today, restaurants, boutiques and attractions like the Monterey Bay Aquarium have helped make Monterey a favorite destination for visitors from around the world.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32 per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – 20st June until 30th September
- Proficient English is required;
- Chocolatier: MUST be friendly, great attitude, and have excellent customer service skills. Must be able and willing to perform ALL duties, including standing up to 8 hours, scooping ice cream, preparing food and drinks, greeting, operating the cash register, cleaning, taking out trash several times daily, sorting recyclable trash from garbage (dirty job, but can wear gloves), mopping the floor, bussing tables, stocking merchandise, lifting heavy cases 10-30lbs/4- 13kg and unloading trucks.
CHOCOLATIER-STOCKER: Pre-packing chocolate, stocking merchandise, cleaning projects, lifting heavy cases, and unloading trucks 3 times a week.
RETAIL SALES/GREETER: Great communication/customer service skills and a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise.
FOUNTAIN/BUSSERS: Preparing ice cream sundaes and coffee drinks, cleaning projects, taking out the trash, mopping the floor and bussing tables.
CASHIERS: Great customer service skills; handling of American currency.
Employer will assign duties as needed. Must have a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise and knowledge & handling of US Currency. You have to be flexible to work the shifts scheduled by Ghirardelli.
- Paid hourly training;
- Employer supplies an apron & a hat. Participants must bring a few button-down short or long-sleeved white shirts (bussers and fountain employees can only wear short sleeves), black loose-fitting long pants past the ankle (no jeans), a black belt for your pants, black, non-slip or slip-resistant shoes (must say this on the soles of the shoes. If it doesn’t say this, then they are not the right shoe).
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing – Must arrange own;
- Transportation – Walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation.
|Локација на работа:||Monterey|