Our company is made up of three restaurants, a pirate adventure/entertainment cruise, a dolphin watch adventure cruise, a Deep sea fishing marina, a golf cart rental service, and more! We hope you are excited to come to experience Port Aransas, this is a truly unique place with a lot to offer and a lot of fun to be had. We encourage all of our Work & Travel participants to experience as much as possible while here. We offer free ticket opportunities to our other businesses and the possibility of part-time work as well. If you would like to learn more about our businesses and what we have to offer visit www.myfunporta.com. We can’t wait to meet you! Sincerely, Chris Collins, Managing Partner. Port Aransas is the only established town on Mustang Island and inhabits 8 miles of the 18-mile-long barrier island. Mustang Island is located north of Padre Island, the longest barrier island in the world, and south of San Jose Island, renowned for its shelling. While visiting Port Aransas, be sure to view our five historical markers, historic Lydia Ann lighthouse, and historical cemetery located throughout our town. Markers include the Tarpon Inn, Aransas Pass C.S.A., World War II Coastal Defenses at the Aransas Pass, United States Coast Guard on Mustang Island, and the newly dedicated Mustang Island marker, which is located at the museum. Experience the history of our town with a trip to the Port Aransas Museum. Here, you’ll look into the town’s and its inhabitants’ colorful and storied past with exhibits, photos and video. From the Karankawas and the Spanish Explorers to the Mustangs and world-famous fishermen, the story unfolds. The museum also offers special tours of unique spots on the island, classes, and seminars. For additional history and an overview of Port Aransas/Mustang Island, visit the museum located at Alister and Brundrett and the University of Texas Marine Science Institute Visitors’ Center located on Cotter at the beach.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32 per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – 15th June until 30th September
- Upper-Intermediate English;
- Kitchen Helper, Food Prep: Food Prep – prepare food items for cooking. Clean, wash, stock restaurant supplies and equipment while maintaining a clean work area. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, follow directions and read the safety manual. Must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves. Dishwasher – wash pots and pans by hand in very hot water, and use the dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes, and cutlery and then stack clean items in appropriate area. Will also be removing trash and helping keep the kitchen area clean. Must be able to stand for your entire shift and be able to lift up to 50lb/23kg. Must be dependable, hard-working, friendly, and be a very trustworthy and honest individual. If the individual shows proficiency in assigned kitchen tasks, they may be trained to become a line cook. Possibility of performing other duties like busing tables, or other duties as needed/ $15.00 per hour
- Host/Hostess: As a Host/Hostess, you must present a positive first impression to our guests demonstrating our friendliness, excellent service, and high standards. You will greet our guests upon arrival, inform our guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, enter guest names into the computer system, show our guests to their table in a courteous and proficient manner, and bid our guests farewell as they leave all the while demonstrating your friendliness with a smile. A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, duties include: refilling beverages for our guests and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glasses and menus, restocking the host station, and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked, and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, the Host/Hostess may also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. During peak business times, you may be asked to assist with running drinks and food orders to the guests as well as help set the tables. You will be asked to help with bussing duties as needed/ $15.00 per hour
- Paid hourly training;
- You will be given one meal per shift (every 6 hours worked);
- Employer will provide first shirt for free. Any additional shirts will be provided at the cost of $10.00. Please bring comfortable loose-fitting jeans or khakis and comfortable, closed-toed nonslip shoes. Clothing must be clean and nice-looking; no holes or tears in the fabric.
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing will be provided by the employer at a cost of $120.00 per week, per student. Deposit of $200.00 will be paid to the employer upon arrival. As long as you have not damaged the property and left it the way you found it, you will receive your deposit back;
- Transportation – Shuttle bus, contracted by the employer. Will be picked up as a group and dropped off each way as a group.
|Работна позиција:||Kitchen Helper, Food Prep, Host/Hostess|
|Локација на работа:||Port Aransas|