You will have constant customer interaction, as well as a chance to meet local residents and vacationing tourists (tourists primarily visit during the spring and summer) from all over the US and abroad. Steps from the ocean, casinos, and nightlife, Atlantic City is one of New Jersey’s best summer tourist destinations on the Jersey Shore. Atlantic City has an excellent transportation system and Work & Travel participants from all over the world. Atlantic City is only 2.5 hours from NYC, 1 hour from Philadelphia, and 3 hours from Washington D.C.. Spend your summer living near the beach and working by the ocean. Enjoy world-class shopping, casinos, nightlife, and free citywide weekly events. Atlantic City with its close proximity to Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York offers participants the ability to visit great United States cities on their days off. Visit museums, memorials, Lucy the Elephant, Absecon Lighthouse, America’s first Boardwal.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32 per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – June 26th until 30th September
- Advanced Engli;
- Cook – prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time. May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station. Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and company standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided. Reads food orders or receives verbal instructions on food required by guests, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions. . Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments. Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use. Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training / $21.00 per hour
- Stewards/ Environmental Services – Duties include vacuuming, cleaning, restoration, and shampooing all floors. Report areas in need of repair. Willingness to be exposed to environmental factors such as noise, dust, and cigarette smoke. Must not have allergies. Must be able to work quickly with attention to detail. Will clean 13 + rooms. / $18.00 per hour
- Participants will receive one free meal per shift;
- The training paid at the hourly rate;
- Participants will be issued uniforms. Participants will need to purchase black, non-skid, close-toed shoes. You must have skid-resistant shoes to work. Your employer will provide a full uniform. It is advised participants also bring a pair of black trousers.
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing must arrange own;
- Walking or Biking.
|Работна позиција:||Cook and Stewards/ Environmental Services|
|Плата:||$18.00 - $21.00|
|Локација на работа:||Atlantic City|