Company Description and Location:
New Castle is a seaside town with many places to visit including various forts, beaches, parks and is only a few miles away from the historic town of Portsmouth NH. New Castle, the only town in NH composed entirely of islands, covers approximately 500 acres (.8 square miles) and serves as a scenic residential and recreational community. New Castle was founded in 1623, chartered in 1679, and incorporated in 1693 during the reign of William and Mary. Today, in addition to a residential population of slightly more than 1,000, it is home to the Great Island Common recreational park, Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel, and Spa, a UNH marine research laboratory, a Coast Guard station, and Fort Constitution and Fort Stark state parks.
Wentworth By the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa commands the island of New Castle, one of New Hampshire’s oldest settlements. Masterfully blending historic elegance with 21st-century convenience, our luxury hotel provides a memorable backdrop for business conferences, family vacations, and romantic getaways. The Wentworth features 161 elegant rooms and suites, brimming with luxury perks; many showcase ocean views. Intimate restaurants with imaginative cuisine, pampering spa services, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness and business centers, and wireless Internet are all yours to enjoy during your stay here in New Castle.
Weekly working hours: avg. 35h per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – 10th until September 1st – 30th
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Spa Housekeeping Attendant: The primary role will be the responsibility of a spa houseman or public area cleaner. Students will clean rooms, make beds, vacuum, stock linen closet, stock other supplies, provide turn-down service, keep public areas clean, clean public bathrooms etc.;
- PM Housekeeping Attendant: This position performs any combination of cleaning duties to maintain the public areas and public restrooms of the hotel and restaurants as well as providing turndown service, participating in cleaning projects, cleaning rooms as needed, and delivering requested items to guests as needed in order to ensure an outstanding guest experience. This job is from 3 pm to 11 pm shift.;
- Housekeeping Room Attendant: Activities of this position include stripping and making guest beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, etc. in the daily preparation of our newly renovated guest rooms to ensure an outstanding guest experience. This job starts at 8 am. End time depends on business needs;
- Prep Cook: Job duties are listed but not limited to; Complete prep list created by the supervisor in a timely manner. Prepare ingredients: washing/cutting/chopping/slicing fruit, vegetables, cheese, meats, and other proteins, etc. Utilization of knives and other kitchen equipment. Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking. Basic cooking duties such as parboiling food. Label and stock all ingredients based on kitchen standards. maintain a clean and organized kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, etc. Other cleaning duties as assigned. Follow all kitchen sanitation standards.;
- AM Servers (breakfast/lunch): This is a high guest contact position. High customer service standards must be maintained. Engage with guests in a friendly and professional manner as a representative of the hotel. This position takes orders, answers questions about the menu and food, and sells/recommends menu items for food and beverages. Take payments from guests and process payments according to accounting standards. Communicates orders efficiently to kitchen utilizing point of sale program. Maintains a clean and organized workspace. Follows sanitation procedures. Cleaning duties as assigned. Prep for service: glassware, flatware, etc as required for resetting tables. Prep/stock beverage supplies for service. Assist with greeting and seating guests as needed. The shift is 6 am/7 am to 4 pm;
- Lounge Attendant: Students in this position will be responsible for maintaining the buffet area. This will require serving food, restocking, and keeping a clean work area. Students will also need to answer any guest questions. This job is either a 5:30 am to noon or 3 pm to 10 pm shift;
- Possible tips for the housekeeping room attendants;
- Overtime is possible;
- One meal per shift is included;
- Second job possible within the resort;
- Paid hourly training;
- The employer provides the uniform top and shoes, students must provide black pants (no jeans, must not be tight pants);
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation assisted by the sponsor at a cost of approximately $120-$150 per week. A housing deposit is required upon arrival at cost of $100-$500;
- Transportation from housing to worksite: walk or bike.
|Работна позиција:||Hotel worker|
|Локација на работа:||New Castle, NH|