Company Description and Location:
Springdale is the gateway community at the entrance to Zion National Park. You can see fanciful Eagles Crags, magnificent Canaan Mountain, the noble Watchman, the towering East and West Temples, and haunting Mt. Kinesava from town. You can also see hawks and eagles soar overhead, deer, and cottonwoods grow tall by the Virgin River. Springdale is a year-round destination resort with a variety of outdoor activities: hiking, swimming, tennis, and rentals available for bicycling, tubing, hiking, and horseback riding. In the midst of a natural rural setting you can enjoy many cultural activities, entertainment and nightlife such as a giant-screen Cinemax movie, a 1,000-seat outdoor amphitheater, a museum, art galleries, bookstores, a playhouse, family concerts, a folklife festival, and a bar featuring live blues, rock, jazz or folk music.
Thai Sapa was born out of Chef Tung’s passion for cooking in her native home of Vietnam, & her husband Dennis’ love of both the town of Sapa & the world-famous Thai coconut dish, Tom Khaa Gai. They have hosted over 30 Work & Travel students over the last 15 years and it has always been a mutually enjoyable experience. The area is majestic, quiet and safe…not to mention, the food is delicious!
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h+ per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st until September 3rd – 30th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Busser/Food Runner: Sets the table for new guests, clears and cleans table once guests leave. Bringing food to tables for guests as plates are ready. Removing dirty dishes from the table, etc.
- Serving: Taking orders for assigned tables, entering orders into the computer system, ensuring all needs are met during the guests’ stay, a creation of checks/presentation/payment.
- Hosting: Greeting customers and seating them.
- Prep Cook: Chopping food ingredients, preparation of easy dishes, and the expedition of plates from the kitchen to appropriate tables.
- Possible overtime;
- Meals provided while on shift;
- Training will be provided;
- Students must bring shoes with covered toes and non-skid soles (like work or athletic shoes); modest black shirts (ex: polo shirt) and black pants
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation provided by the employer at no cost with no deposit required. You will have your own bathroom and private room to share with another student;
- It is a short walk from the housing to work;
|Работна позиција:||Restaurant worker|
|Плата:||$7.25 + possible tips|
|Локација на работа:||Springdale, UT|