Company Description and Location:
The Town of Luray is located at the crossroads of major routes of travel, approximately 90 miles west of Washington D.C. and 45 miles south of Winchester. Interstate 81 is located just 15 miles to the west, and Interstate 66 is just 25 miles to the north. The Town of Luray was established by the act of General Assembly on February 6, 1812, on ten acres of land near Hawksbill Creek. Today, the growth of Luray continues to be fueled by its prime location: the ideal balance between rural scenery and travel connection. Home to Luray Caverns, Old RagMountain, and countless historic and scenic marvels, the Town of Luray features something for everyone.
Skyland is nestled along mile 41.7 & 42.5 at Skyline Drive’s highest elevation – 3,680 feet. Lodging accommodations range from small, rustic cabins to comfortable preferred room to newly renovated premium rooms, some with suites and fireplaces. The 16-acre property at Shenandoah’s crest, offering a variety of accommodations in an inspiring national park setting. The Shenandoah River, Shenandoah Valley, George Washington National Forest, and Piedmont Region are all close by, making Skyland a classic and coveted American national park tradition.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h+ per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 18th until August 27th – September 15th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Housekeeper – Clean the property rooms and grounds, includes bathrooms, such as toilets and showers, changing linens, laundry, dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash. Standing for long periods, bending, lifting.
- Prep Cook – You will be responsible for preparing high-quality food items on a timely basis; cook and prepare food items according to recipes and quality standards; prepare food items for cooking; stock food items as needed; clean and maintain kitchen and food prep equipment; maintain proper sanitation controls of products; prepare sauces, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry items properly.
- Dishwasher – Clean, wash, and stock restaurant supplies while maintaining a clean work area. This is very physical, hard work so you must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves and be able to stand for 8 hours. You will wash pots and pans by hand in very hot water, and use the dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes and cutlery and then stack clean items in the appropriate area. The kitchen needs to be in sanitary, tidy & clean condition at all times. You will also be responsible for removing trash.
- Training is provided;
- Uniform items provided to you include shirt, name tag, & hat. Employees must provide their own pants and shoes.
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation provided by the employer at a cost of $25 per week ($100 refundable deposit);
- The dormitory is inside Shenandoah National Park, so students can get to work easily. It is on the same property as the employer, so students can walk to/from work. There is no transportation available in the National Park. The employer takes students to Luray each week, to shop at Walmart
|Работна позиција:||Hotel workwer|
|Локација на работа:||Luray, VA|