Start Date: April 1st – 15th, 2019
Hours: avg. 32 per week
Location: East Norwich, NY
Program Duration: 9 months
Compensation: $12.50 per hour
Meals: Lunch and Dinner
Housing: $18.65 per week
Host Company Description:
Pine Hollow Country Club provides its members with a truly world class country club experience. Our 18 hole Championship golf course is one of the highest ranking courses on Long Island. It features beautiful rolling hills, fairways navigating the park like setting and strategically placed bunkers. Tennis members enjoy 8-Har-Tru Championship courts with spectator seating, nestled between beautiful rolling hills and vibrant gardens. Members also enjoy our Olympic sized heated swimming pool and kiddie pool surrounded by a spacious deck with resort style lounge chairs. Just steps away is our Halfway House Cafe serving refreshing beverages, icy treats, sandwiches and much more to enhance a fun day at the pool. Our social calendar offers our members a diverse selection of events from casual poolside dining to high energy musical entertainment. Pine Hollow’s award winning culinary team provides a 5 star dining experience, exceeding the expectations of our members and their guests.
This opportunity provides a unique opportunity for the culinary students and/or professionals to experience everything from a la carte dining to large banquet production, to upscale dining. Our Culinary internship assignment is a rotational experience and will include on-the-job experience within the kitchen and banquet services. The participant will receive an introduction to all kitchen areas; learn how to determine the amount of prep work necessary for an upcoming banquet, conference, and receive the introduction to restaurant business management.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be culinary, hospitality or restaurant management undergraduate student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a culinary, hospitality or restaurant management degree and have at least 1 year of work experience in a related field OR be a career professional of 5 or more years of experience
- Advanced English is required
- Willingness to receive training in all aspects of the department operations according to standards
- Willingness to learn other areas of hospitality management
|Работна позиција:||Food & beverage|
|Локација на работа:||East Norwich, NY|