Company Description and Location:
Our seaside community boasts a diverse and large population of up to 75,000 in the summer as it hosts vacationers from all over the United States but primarily from New England and the mid-Atlantic states, Canada and Europe looking to enjoy our miles-long stretch of fine beach, clean ocean water and all the attractions that both Old Orchard Beach and the surrounding City of Portland have to offer. Working at OOB Inn is already cultural exchange for students. The building was accepted to National Register of Historic Places in 1987 and has a lot of interesting historical facts to offer. Also, Old Orchard Beach is very interesting town during summer months with organized events and 7 miles long sandy beach. Portland is close by, and Boston is around 2 hours train ride away.
Palace Playland in Old Orchard Beach, Maine is New England’s only beach front amusement park. They offer rides and amusements for the young and the thrill seeker. Their rides include a classic Ferris wheel, carousel, two roller coasters and other thrill rides, including Adrenalin and Power Surge. As we like to say – Great rides, lots of food, midway and arcade games, gift shops and more – Palace Playland is the coolest place to be.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 25th /September 3rd
- Intermediate to Advanced English level is required;
- Ride Operator – Under general supervision, the Ride Operator is responsible for the proper operation of amusement rides and attractions including assisting guests in loading and unloading of ride and restraining systems, operating the ride using control panels, communicating safety instructions, and observing the ride while in motion. The Ride Operator will also be enforcing all park policies and safety guidelines in accordance with Palace Playland’s Policies and Procedures. This is a great, customer facing position. Must possess a positive attitude, willingness to work outdoors and commit to the contract end date. ;
- Paid hourly training;
- Uniform – First shirt is free, then $10 per additional shirts. Mandatory purchase of uniform sweatshirt. ;
- Please bring tan shorts or pants. No open-toed shoes. Please bring comfortable sneakers since you might be standing all time during your shift;
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation is provided by the employer at a cost of $120 per week;
- There is a refundable deposit of $100 that needs to be paid upon arrival;
- Transportation: Walking distance to work;
|Работна позиција:||Ride operator|
|Локација на работа:||Old Orchard ME|