Company Description and Location:
According to legend, Ogunquit was named by the Abenaki tribe, because the word means “beautiful place by the sea”. Those of us who are fortunate to live, work or play here agree with this ancient assessment. We all have different reasons for finding Ogunquit beautiful – some love the salty-sweet scent of beach roses on sea breezes wafting along the Marginal Way walking path, some enjoy playing tag with the lapping incoming tide as the sand caresses their bare feet, while others enjoy the nostalgic village feel of strolling among quaint buildings, coves, and pedestrian bridges throughout town.
The perfect summer spot is home to a great group of people. We all came to this spot driven by its view. The allure of the rocky coast and the surf of a quickened Atlantic are the draws. Many of us have been here for decades, some of us as many as four decades. Breakaway, “Jaws” and the theme song of a lifetime. Back to us, we aren’t siblings but feel like family. Lots of babies and grandbabies, we are! Without a pause, Oarweed always seems like a reunion and feels like home.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st until September 4th – 30th
- Intermediate English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Kitchen Help: Students responsibilities include but are not limited to; working in a busy kitchen doing a variety of jobs including food prep, dishwashing, cooking, cleaning, and trash removal. May also be required to clean the restaurant, kitchen areas, restrooms and any other task assigned by the manager. It is important to stay flexible and willing to work in different capacities in this position. Must be able to stand for the duration of your shift, lift up to 50lbs and work with animal products;
- Paid hourly training;
- Work shirt will be provided, please bring khaki/tan shorts and closed-toe shoes, no-slip sneakers or shoes;
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation assisted by the employer at a cost of $125 per week. A refundable deposit of $100 will be required;
- Transportation: Walk or bike to work;
|Работна позиција:||Kitchen help|
|Локација на работа:||Ogunquit, ME|