Company Description and Location:
St. Louis is a bustling metropolitan city famously known for the iconic Gateway Arch and one America’s favorite pastimes, baseball! Aside from the 630 foot Arch and the beloved St. Louis Cardinals Baseball team, there is a vast assortment of activities and sites to visit that would fit anyone’s taste. Classical and history Museums, new-interactive science-based museums, Missouri Botanical Gardens, St. Louis Zoo, Six Flags Amusement Park, musical events, and live theater to name a few. Of course, like any big city great shopping and delicious food! There are endless things to dip into while spending your summer in St. Louis, Missouri. Today’s St. Louis is a cosmopolitan city with fabulous restaurants, active nightlife and major sports teams that make St. Louis one of the Midwest’s most interesting and livable cities.
Originally built in 1924 as the Mayfair Hotel by Charles Heiss, the hotel has since undergone many changes throughout its history. The hotel holds significant historical firsts including the first female general manager in St. Louis and was the origination of chocolates on a pillow by the famous actor, Cary Grant. Located in the heart of Downtown St. Louis, within walking distance of housing, shopping, and grocery stores.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h + per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 1st until August 30th – September 7th
- Intermediate English required;
- Housekeepers: Clean guest rooms, change linens, dust, clean toilet, tub/shower, sinks, and mirror. Vacuum, wash bathroom floors on hands/knees, dust;
- Laundry: Fast paced position. Removing & sorting laundry, loading washers & dryers; folding & counting linen; placing linens;
- Houseman: Maintain public areas, lobby, meeting rooms, breakfast area, public restrooms, & grounds. Remove trash. Run errands for housekeepers and take requested items to guest rooms;
- Dishwasher: Loading and unloading dishwasher, cleaning and organizing work areas and kitchen, emptying garbage. Prep Cook: Portioning, cutting and dicing food. Filling containers and preparing and plating food for servers;
- Banquet Houseman: Setting and breaking down tables. Re-setting rooms for events. Cleaning public meeting rooms, putting tables and chairs away;
- Event Services: Servers are responsible for food and drink service at hotel banquet functions. They make sure function space is visually appealing and present the menu offering for the event; an events menu offering might be plated or served on a buffet. This may include linen and table setting, food station set-up, and beverage service. Other duties include general banquet preparation, room cleaning, and maintaining a sanitary environment. No PHONES while working. Must have some customer service experience. Must be able to work weekends.
- Training is paid at an hourly rate;
- Students are provided with shirts but must bring black dress pants and black non-slip shoes;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is provided with help of the sponsor;
- Transportation – walk, bike, bus, taxi
|Работна позиција:||Hotel worker|
|Локација на работа:||St. Louis, MO|