Start Date: April 1st, 2019
End Date: November 30th, 2019
Hours: 32 – 40 per week
Location: Shenandoah National Park, VA
Program Duration: 9 months
Compensation: $11.00 per hour
Housing: on-site housing, $25/week
Host Company Description:
The host company is a lodge, located in Shenandoah National Park. It features 196,000 acres of protected wilderness and rich recreation. Virginia’s Shenandoah National Park presents the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Shenandoah Valley and the heart of the Appalachian Trail. The historic lodge is located at the top of the fabulous Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. It was established in the late 19th century as the perfect spot for a vacation retreat. The lodge offers a range of room types from, rustic cabins to a comfortable preferred room to newly renovated premium rooms, some with suites and fireplaces.
This opportunity provides a unique opportunity for the culinary students and/or professionals to experience everything from a la carte dining to large banquet production, to upscale dining. Our Culinary internship assignment is a rotational experience and will include on-the-job experience within the kitchen and banquet services. The participant will receive an introduction to all kitchen areas; learn how to determine the amount of prep work necessary for an upcoming banquet, conference, and receive the introduction to restaurant business management.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be culinary, hospitality or restaurant management undergraduate student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a culinary, hospitality or restaurant management degree and have at least 1 year of work experience in a related field OR be a career professional of 5 or more years of experience
- Advanced English is required
- MUST have prior culinary work experience
- Willingness to receive training in all aspects of the department operations according to standards
- Willingness to learn other areas of hospitality management
|Локација на работа:||Shenandoah National Park, VA|