Start Date: April 1st, 2019
End Date: November 30th, 2019
Hours: 32 – 40 per week
Location: Shenandoah National Park, VA
Program Duration: 9 months
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Housing: on-site housing, $25/week
Host Company Description:
The host company is a lodge, located in Shenandoah National Park. It features 196,000 acres of protected wilderness and rich recreation. Virginia’s Shenandoah National Park presents the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Shenandoah Valley and the heart of the Appalachian Trail. The historic lodge is located at the top of the fabulous Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. It was established in the late 19th century as the perfect spot for a vacation retreat. The lodge offers a range of room types from, rustic cabins to the comfortable preferred room to newly renovated premium rooms, some with suites and fireplaces.
This opportunity provides a unique opportunity for hospitality and tourism students and recent graduates to hospitality procedures and policies, as well as operations within guest registration. The participant will be introduced to our reservation system, front desk operations, our project room and they will see our communication process at the front desk. Additionally, we will educate the participant on information Shenandoah National Park and its tourist attractions and services.
- To apply for an internship program, you must be an undergraduate Hospitality/Tourism Management student OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for a trainee program, you must hold a Hospitality/Tourism Management degree and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants with hotel management work experience preferred
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking skills)
- Must be friendly, outgoing, organized, self-reliant, efficient and have computer skills
|Локација на работа:||Shenandoah National Park, VA|