Company Description and Location:
It’s home to many island and coastal communities. During your visit, you will find a variety of things to do in Portland, Maine. The city is known as a cultural, dining and shopping destination, but you’ll also find walking and biking trails as well as a beach. Other Portland, Maine activities include shopping, camping and staying at a local hostel. You can also tour the Portland Observatory—the only remaining historic signal tower in the nation—or take a Great Portland Landmarks self-guided walking tour of Portland’s four major historic districts.
Located on Maine’s Great Diamond Island, the Inn at Diamond Cove is a tranquil destination that provides guests with a peaceful and relaxing stay. Constructed during the 1890’s Fort McKinley’s was part of the country’s coastal defense system to protect Portland’s Harbor and Casco Bay. The Inn is housed in Fort McKinley’s former Barracks and overlooks the former parade grounds. Cars are not permitted on the Island. Transportation around the Island is on Golf Carts and Bicycles.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32+
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – 15th until September 5th – 30th
- Advanced English is required
- Must be able to start working according to DS dates;
- Housekeeping, Laundry: In this position, students duties include; cleaning rooms, public areas, assisting with maintenance and doing laundry. Students assigned to a given position may not be required to perform all the responsibilities listed above on one given day, but must be flexible and willing to do any and all items listed above. Must be able to lift 25 lbs / $11.00
- Kitchen Support: duties include but are not limited to; food preparation, cooking, dishwashing, cleaning, trash removal and other tasks assigned by manager. Students should stay flexible, be able to work well on a team and possess a strong work ethic. Students must be willing to do any position at the restaurant. Must be able to lift 30 lbs / $10.68
- Busser: In this position, duties include but are not limited to clearing food from tables, refilling water, assisting the server in any additional tasks necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Cleaning duties must be completed at the end of each shift /$5.00+tips
- Server: Responsibilities include; presenting menus, answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food, service, ingredients, price, and preparation. Follows alcohol awareness regulations, memorizes order and presents. it to the kitchen, ensuring the meal is presently in a timely manner. Observes guests experience & responds to any additional requests and determines when a meal has been completed. The server maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels and ensuring guests has a memorable experience. Must be 21yrs, have 3 years previous serving and bartending experience / $5.00 + tips
- Paid hourly training.
- Black collared shirt; polo style shirts acceptable; black pants, black socks, and black closed-toed shoes
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing assisted by the sponsor at cost of $130-$150 per week per student.
- A refundable deposit of $100-$300 upon arrival.
- Transportation: Walk, Bike.
|Работна позиција:||Hotel worker|
|Плата:||$5.00+tips - $11.00|
|Локација на работа:||Diamond Cove, ME|