Company Description and Location:
St. Louis is a bustling metropolitan city famously known for the iconic Gateway Arch and one of America’s favorite pastimes, baseball! Aside from the 630 foot Arch and the beloved St. Louis Cardinals Baseball team, there is a vast assortment of activities and sites to visit that would fit anyone’s taste. Classical and history Museums, new-interactive science-based museums, Missouri Botanical Gardens, St. Louis Zoo, Six Flags Amusement Park, musical events, and live theater to name a few. Of course, like any big city great shopping and delicious food! There are endless things to dip into while spending your summer in St. Louis, Missouri. Today’s St. Louis is a cosmopolitan city with fabulous restaurants, active nightlife and major sports teams that make St. Louis one of the Midwest’s most interesting and livable cities.
The newly renovated Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch hotel is located in the heart of downtown St. Louis near the iconic Gateway Arch grounds and scenic riverfront. Their foundation in the family goes back to 1957 when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of September 30, 2016, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 13 brands and more than 600 properties in more than 50 countries.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h + per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – 28th until September 3rd – 30th
- Intermediate to Advanced English required;
- Must be able to start working according to DS dates;
- Guest Room Attendant: responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the guest rooms assigned. Duties will include, but not limited to: cleaning rooms and common areas, including bathrooms, toilets, and showers, changing linens, laundry, dusting, vacuuming and emptying trash, etc. Very physically demanding. Be prepared to stand, bend, and push a 50 lb/23 kg cart all day. Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit.
- Training is provided by the employer;
- Free lunch is included during your shift;
- Uniform is provided at no cost, must be returned;
- You must purchase and bring non-slip, black shoes (athletic type) and black socks before you arrive at Hyatt;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is provided at cost of $25.50 – $69.75 per week depending on the size of the apartment and based on 5 students;
- A housing deposit of $200;
- These are unfurnished apartments. They do not have beds, furniture, utensils or towels so these items will need to be purchased. You will also need to purchase air mattresses and blankets to sleep on;
- Deposit is refundable if the apartment is left clean and undamaged. The deposit will be given back within 30 days of moving out;
- Some locations are within walking distance of the housing and some will require you to take public transportation to get to work. Transportation costs $1.35 for a one-way bus ticket;
|Работна позиција:||Guest Room Attendant|
|Локација на работа:||Saint Louis, MO|