Company Description and Location:
At the historic Hotel Galvez, expect just a little more of everything. More history. More sunny Galveston days. More enjoyment. This gracious Galveston hotel was built in 1911 and after a multi-million dollar restoration; it still maintains so much of its original charm. Outside you’ll notice a sweeping circular drive and plantings similar to those found in the early 1900s. Inside you’ll see lovely gold leaf topped columns, a mahogany ceiling, and period stenciling. These details are part of what earned this property the name, “Queen of the Gulf”. In fact, we are steps away from the magnificent Gulf of Mexico here in historic Galveston.
Galveston offers 32 miles of relaxing beaches, superb restaurants, top resort hotels, marvelous downtown shopping, numerous antique stores, incredible art galleries, fabulous entertainment and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. Galveston is a small romantic island tucked deep within the heart of south Texas possessing all the charm of a small southern town and just 40 minutes south of the fourth largest city (Houston) in the United States. At 32 miles long and two and a half miles wide, most residents can’t remember the last time they visited the mainland and, if circumstances permitted, they would never leave.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – May 30th / September 8th – September 15th
- Advanced / Fluent English level is required;
- Pool Attendant: You will clean the pool area, tables/bar area, empty trash, arrange lounge chairs/tables, work towel stations, serve guests. This is a very physical job; need to lift 40lbs/18kg. Must be professional looking, physically fit, very personable. Could possibly be cross-trained to work in various position, but your primary duties will be Busser/Pool Attendant/ $8.00;
- Room Service: Responsible for taking food to guests’ rooms and removing food carts, dishes, etc when done. You will need to be discreet as you enter their rooms, pleasant and courteous to the guests. Helpful if they ask you to assist with setting up the food in the room, etc. Must be able to carry heavy trays of food and pushing carts up to 30lb/13kg. Must be able to stand for entire shift. Must be willing to work in other areas of the resort as needed, but your primary position will be Room Service. This position is working inside, but you may be asked to work outside positions as well (pool attendant for instance) /$4.50+tips;
- There are no set schedules and schedules will vary on a weekly basis, so having a 2nd job may be difficult! However, please talk to your Sponsor Program Coordinator if you are interested in looking for a 2nd job
- While on shift, you are eligible for a discounted or free lunch.
- Training is provided. During training you may not work full shifts and could receive fewer hours;
- Please bring khaki shorts (to the knee length shorts), white polo shirts and white tennis shoes. Work shoes need to be closed-toed, closed heel (like athletic or work shoe) – no high heels;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is provided at cost of $250 per month;
- There is a deposit of $250 which is refundable that needs to be paid upon arrival along with first month’s rent of $250;
- Transportation: The students can either walk or ride a bike since housing is about 6 to 8 blocks from work;
|Работна позиција:||Pool Attendant, Room Service|
|Плата:||$4.50 + tips - $8.00|
|Локација на работа:||Galveston, TX|