Company Description and Location:
At the historic Hotel Galvez, expect just a little more of everything. More history. More sunny Galveston days. More enjoyment. This gracious Galveston hotel was built in 1911 and after a multi-million dollar restoration; it still maintains so much of its original charm. Outside you’ll notice a sweeping circular drive and plantings similar to those found in the early 1900s. Inside you’ll see lovely gold leaf topped columns, a mahogany ceiling, and period stenciling. These details are part of what earned this property the name, “Queen of the Gulf”. In fact, we are steps away from the magnificent Gulf of Mexico here in historic Galveston.
Galveston offers 32 miles of relaxing beaches, superb restaurants, top resort hotels, marvelous downtown shopping, numerous antique stores, incredible art galleries, fabulous entertainment and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. Galveston is a small romantic island tucked deep within the heart of south Texas possessing all the charm of a small southern town and just 40 minutes south of the fourth largest city (Houston) in the United States. At 32 miles long and two and a half miles wide, most residents can’t remember the last time they visited the mainland and, if circumstances permitted, they would never leave.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – May 30th / September 8th – September 15th
- Advanced / Fluent English level is required;
- Bartender: MUST be 21 years old to serve alcohol. Restaurant or full-service bar with liquor, beer, wine experience helpful. Must be professional looking, physically fit, very personable. Your primary duties will be Bartender, but you could possibly be cross-trained to work in other positions if needed. You will be serving guests drinks and possibly food. This is a very physical job; need to lift 40lbs/18kg. Must have a positive attitude, be understanding and compassionate in a friendly and helpful way. Must like dealing with people and be friendly and have an outgoing personality. Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit. Follow all safety policies, interact positively with the guests and other crew members. You will be standing the entire shift. Must have a great personality, big smile. This is an outdoor job, where it is VERY hot in the day, but a nice working environment. If you agree to work these positions, you cannot be transferred inside, so you must be able to handle the heat and sun;
- Hostess: Greet/seat guests, assist servers with filling waters, clear tables, restock host station. Must have great phone skills & speak clearly. Must be very outgoing. Personality and professional appearance are key. Must have a positive attitude, be understanding and compassionate in a friendly & helpful way;
- Possible tips and slight overtime;
- While on shift, you are eligible for a discounted or free lunch.
- Training is provided. During training you may not work full shifts and could receive fewer hours;
- Please bring black slacks (no jeans), black polo or black, short-sleeved, button-down shirt and black athletic shoes (black shoes may be purchased for $35-40 from your employer), all work shoes need to be closed-toed and closed heel with non-slip soles (bartender)
- Please bring khaki shorts (to the knee length shorts), white polo shirts and white tennis shoes. Work shoes need to be closed-toed, closed heel (like athletic or work shoe) – no high heels (hostess);
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is provided at cost of $500 – $800 per month;
- There is a deposit of $250 which is refundable that needs to be paid upon arrival;
- Many Work & Travel students enjoy staying at this location. Housing can be difficult in Galveston.There is a $75.00 application fee that is non-refundable to apply online;
- Transportation: Public – No more than a 15 to 25-minute commute to work;
|Работна позиција:||Bartender, Hostess|
|Локација на работа:||Galveston, TX|