Start Date: April 2021
Program Duration: 12 – 18 months
Compensation: $ 13.50 per hour
Housing: not provided
Host Company Description:
The host company is an early stage startup in the energy and IoT space based on research done at MIT. They are located in Greenwood Labs which is the leading cleantech, energy and hardware incubator in North America. They are developing a solution to help oil and gas producers reduce their environmental footprint and increase their field efficiency by allowing them to automatically control their wells remotely. The company welcomes international interns to join their team on developing core technology in an exciting and fast paced environment.
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Information Technology OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Familiarity with development on microcontrollers
- Familiarity with electronics, analog and/or digital
- Familiarity with signal compression techniques is extremely appreciated
- Familiarity with CAD and 3D printing
- Familiarity with circuit design & EDA software
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
As a device engineering apprentice, you will help develop a device that collects and transmits various sensor data on oil/gas wells. There are high demands for data accuracy as this data is what feeds into our AI system. You will also update existing systems on the field to manipulate actuators remotely as well as continually miniaturize our systems both physically and in terms of power requirement. Various communication protocols such as Cat-M1, GPS and BLE are used, as well as implementation of processing on-the-edge.
|Price:||Device Engineering Intern/Trainee|