Company Description and Location:
Our seaside community boasts a diverse and large population of up to 75,000 in the summer as it hosts vacationers from all over the United States but primarily from New England and the mid-Atlantic states, Canada and Europe looking to enjoy our miles-long stretch of fine beach, clean ocean water and all the attractions that both Old Orchard Beach and the surrounding City of Portland have to offer. Working at OOB Inn is already cultural exchange for students. The building was accepted to National Register of Historic Places in 1987 and has a lot of interesting historical facts to offer. Also, Old Orchard Beach is very interesting town during summer months with organized events and 7 miles long sandy beach. Portland is close by, and Boston is around 2 hours train ride away.
The Green Dolphin Motel is located across the street from the 7-mile stretch of sandy beach considered Maine’s Best Beach and known as Old Orchard Beach. Its convenient in-town location is just a short walk to The Pier, and the Main Street shops and restaurants.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h
Start Date/End Date: May 20th – June 25th /September 5th – September 15th
- Intermediate to Advanced English level is required;
- Housekeeping in a busy resort in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Students will be cleaning rooms including but not limited to vacuuming, changing beds, and cleaning bathrooms. This is a multi-floor resort and students will need to use the stairs daily. Students must be willing to do all of the previously mentioned tasks;
- Paid hourly training;
- Employer will provide shirts;
- Students must have closed-toe, non-slip shoes, lightweight and comfortable. Shorts must knee-length and/or work pants;
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation is on site at a cost of $100 per week;
- There is a deposit of $100 that needs to be paid upon arrival;
- Transportation: Walking distance to work;
|Локација на работа:||Old Orchard Beach, ME|