Company Description and Location:
Ghirardelli is an awesome employer. You will have an opportunity to meet people from all over the U.S. and the world. Monterey is a city with many attractions including the neighboring city of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Monterey’s fabled coast and village-like pedestrian thoroughfares. John Steinbeck was a frequent visitor, and drew considerable inspiration from area landmarks including Cannery Row, which he helped to immortalize in his novel of the same name, lived within walking distance of our store. Today, restaurants, boutiques and attractions like the Monterey Bay Aquarium have helped make Monterey a favorite destination for visitors from around the world.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: May 22- June 20 until September 15
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- MUST be friendly, great attitude, and excellent customer service skills. Must be able and willing to perform ALL duties, including standing up to 8 hours, scooping ice cream, preparing food and drinks, greeting, operating cash register, cleaning, taking out trash several times daily, sorting recyclable trash from garbage (dirty job, but can wear gloves), mopping floor, bussing tables, stocking merchandise, lifting heavy cases 10-30lbs/4-13kg and unloading trucks. CHOCOLATIER-STOCKER: Pre-packing chocolate, stocking merchandise, cleaning projects, lifting heavy cases (fem: 10-35lbs/4-15kg, males: 50-75lbs/22 -34kg) and unloading trucks 3 times a week; wear Sundae Suit. RETAIL SALES/GREETER: Great communication/customer service skills and a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise. FOUNTAIN/BUSSERS: Preparing ice cream sundaes, coffee drinks, cleaning projects, taking out trash, mopping floor, bussing tables. CASHIERS: Great customer service skills; handling of American currency. Employer will assign duties as needed. Must have a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise and knowledge & handling of US Currency. May be asked to wear the “Sundae Suit”. Must pass a drug test. This is a very physical and fast paced job; must be a hard worker with a great personality. All students will be scheduled 4-5 days a week; with a 6-8 hour shift after their first month. During the first month you will only work 5 to 6 hr shifts. You must take a half hour unpaid lunch break. Second jobs are extremely difficult to obtain; so only select this job if you can sustain yourself only working for Ghirardelli. You must arrange your own housing. Housing in Monterey is very expensive, $500-$800 per person per month when shared with others. You should arrive in a group so you can share the costs of your housing.
- Training will be provided;
- Drug test required;
- Student must bring a few button-down short or long sleeved white shirts.
Housing and Transportation:
- Must arrange own housing, leads will be given;
- Transportation – Students can use the public transportation or bike to and from work;
|Плата:||$11.00 per hour|
|Локација на работа:||Monterey, CA|