Company Description and Location:
San Diego is California’s second largest city. Where blue skies keep watch on 70 miles of beaches and a gentle Mediterranean climate begs for a day of everything and nothing. Bordered by Mexico, the Pacific Ocean, the Anza-Borrego Desert, and the Laguna Mountains. San Diego offers every kind of activity imaginable; from world-renowned attractions, unlimited outdoor recreation, a thriving arts and culture community, sightseeing tours and award-winning restaurants, you’re sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire.
Domenico Ghirardelli is born in Rapallo, Italy, to an exotic foods importer and his wife. At a young age, Domenico is introduced to the chocolate and confectionary trade when he apprentices with a local candy maker. Ghirardelli sails to America and opens a general store in Stockton, California, offering supplies and confections to miners. Ghirardelli opens a second store on the corner of Broadway and Battery in San Francisco, which becomes his first establishment in the city.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: June 6th – 20th until September 5th – 30th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- CHOCOLATIER-STOCKER: Pre-packing chocolate, stocking merchandise, cleaning projects, lifting heavy cases (fem: 10-35lbs/4- 15kg, males: 50-75lbs/22-34kg) and unloading trucks 3 times a week; wear Sundae Suit.
- RETAIL SALES/GREETER: Great communication/customer service skills and a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise.
- FOUNTAIN/BUSSERS: Preparing ice cream sundaes, coffee drinks, cleaning projects, taking out the trash, mopping floor, bussing tables.
- CASHIERS: Great customer service skills; American currency. The employer will assign duties as needed. Must have a strong knowledge of chocolate merchandise and knowledge & handling of US Currency. May be asked to wear the “Sundae Suit”
- Training will be provided;
- Drug test required;
- Employer supplies an apron, hat, name tag, and bow tie. Students must bring a few button-down short or long-sleeved white shirts, black loose-fitting long pants past the ankle (no jeans), a black belt for your pants; black, non-skid, closed-toe shoes;
Housing and Transportation:
- Must arrange own housing, leads will be given;
- Transportation – Students can use public transportation or bike to and from work;
|Работна позиција:||Team member|
|Плата:||$12.00 per hour|
|Локација на работа:||San Diego, CA|