Company Description and Location:
Drury Hotels Company, LLC is a 100% family owned and operated hotel company with over 150 hotels in 22 + states. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our guests a memorable experience by providing extras that are not extra and all of our employees are empowered to do whatever it takes to make our guests happy. You will be surrounded by managers and associates who truly have a passion for providing great guest service in a fun environment.
The City of Englewood is centrally located within the Denver Metropolitan area. Just south of Denver, Englewood is ideally situated for citizens, business people, and visitors. Englewood offers a small town atmosphere of community with all the benefits of a larger metropolitan area nearby. Denver is the capital of Colorado and the largest city in the Rocky Mountains region of the United States. Known as “The Mile-High City”, Denver sits at an altitude of 5,280 feet (1,600 m) above sea level and lies where the Great Plains give way to the Rocky Mountains. Denver is a large city and one of the fastest growing in the U.S. The city embraces its cowboy and mining past but also looks toward the future with a vibrant arts and performing arts scene, dozens of great outdoor festivals, and distinct neighborhoods each offering a unique experience. You’ll find everything a cosmopolitan city has to offer including a spectacular view of and easy access to the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Denver is a bustling city of more than 600,000 people supporting a fast-growing metropolitan area of nearly 3 million people.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – May 30th / September 15th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Students should be open to working other duties as assigned by the supervisor, which could include working as a laundry attendant, houseperson or in the breakfast area (washing dishes, cleaning tables/floors/counters, cooking). You must not be sensitive to any chemicals or lotions or have physical limitations that would keep you from doing your job. By choosing this position, you may be placed in one of these positions or may switch between several positions in order to maintain 32 hours per week.
- Housekeeping: Very physically demanding. Prepare to stand, reach, bend over, stretch and walk and push 50lb/22kg cart. Clean guest rooms, change linens, dust, clean toilet, tub/shower, sinks, and mirror. Vacuum and spot clean carpeted floors, wash bathroom floors on hands/knees. Wipe vanity drawers, clean windows, vacuum drapes. Restock housekeeping carts. Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Must be on hands and knees wiping down bathroom floor. Must clean a stay over the room in 15 minutes and a checkout room in 30 minutes. Every room a housekeeper cleans is inspected by a supervisor, must have room score of 15 points or less;
- Laundry Attendant: Fast paced position. Removing & sorting laundry from laundry chute, housekeeping carts, or guest rooms; operating the washer (using the automated chemical systems); loading washers & dryers; folding & counting linen; placing linens. Must be available flexible shifts, AM, Mid and PM shift. Based on the number of linen being washed, must fold a certain number of baskets a day. You have 2 1/2 minutes to unload and load the washers and dryers – very fast paced job;
- Public Houseperson: Maintain public areas, lobby, meeting rooms, breakfast area, public restrooms, & grounds. Remove trash, vacuum/mop, clean elevators, windows, front desk area, exercise room, pool deck & meeting rooms; clean/sanitize toilets, sinks, vanity, floors, walls, doors, fill dispensers; clean parking garage, sidewalks, dumpster area. Takes requested items to guest rooms, delivers role a way bed. Vacuum/spot clean carpets.
- Floor Houseperson: Works with the housekeepers removing dirty trash and linen from the housekeeping carts. Vacuum, spot clean & shampoo carpets. Restocks linen rooms. Takes out a large amount of trash. Cleans trash room. Removes marks off of walls. All positions require the ability to walk/stand during entire shift, lift up to 35 lbs/15 kg, reach, stretch and bend down.
- You must pass your drug test before you can begin work;
- Second jobs are not permitted if the schedules conflict with your schedule or work performance at Drury;
- There is a $25 cost for uniform, the employer provides the shirt and students must bring black or navy work pants that cover the ankle. Students also must bring sturdy, supportive dark colored work shoes like athletic shoes;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is provided at cost of $1300 $1800 per month divided by 4 people;
- Students have rented apartments here in prior seasons. They allow up to 4 students in a unit. Please see the attachment for some other housing options as well. Housing is expensive in the Denver area and there is not a lot of short-term housing options near this employer;
- Transportation –Walking;
|Работна позиција:||Housekeeping, Laundry Attendant, Public Houseperson, Floor Houseperson|
|Локација на работа:||Englewood,CO|