Company Description and Location:
The Peaks of Otter are three exceptional mountain peaks situated close together in the Blue Ridge Mountains overlooking the town of The Peaks of Otter are three exceptional mountain peaks situated close together in the Blue Ridge Mountains overlooking the town of Bedford, Virginia. They include Sharp Top, with an altitude of 3,875 feet (1,181 m); Flat Top, with an altitude of 4,004 feet (1,220 m); and Harkening Hill, with an altitude of 3,375 feet (1,029 m). Abbott Lake lies at their feet. The National Park Service preserves the peaks and lake as part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Jefferson National Forest., Virginia. They include Sharp Top, with an altitude of 3,875 feet (1,181 m); Flat Top, with an altitude of 4,004 feet (1,220 m); and Harkening Hill, with an altitude of 3,375 feet (1,029 m). Abbott Lake lies at their feet. The National Park Service preserves the peaks and lake as part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Jefferson National Forest.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h + per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st until September 1st – 30th
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced English required;
- Housekeeping: Stocks housekeeping carts with supplies, transports cleaning materials to rooms for cleaning, thoroughly cleans rooms and restrooms according to department procedures, changes bedding if requested by guest, empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to disposal area, replenishes supplies in room and bathroom per hotel procedures, conducts final walk-around to assure that room meets hotel housekeeping standards, interacts on occasion with guests while cleaning guest and meeting rooms..assist guests as needed, reports maintenance repair problems in guest rooms, restrooms and corridors to supervisor, ensures all lost and found items are turned in to the front desk for logging, assists in control of the linen counts; assists on collecting linen on delivery days, maintains a daily “check-out” and “stay-over” report, ensures sanitation guidelines and maintained, ensures all linen rooms and work areas are neat, clean and organized, performs other duties as assigned. /$10.00;
- Server: Greet guests at table and supply guests with menus if necessary, communicate daily specials, answer questions about menu items, and take beverage and food orders, serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, request ID and adhere to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures, enter orders in the point of sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food, pick up drinks and food when orders are ready and deliver orders to guests, observes and follow up with guests to respond if they require additional service, prepare and deliver check to guests at the table, accept and process payment or directs customer to cashier, perform opening, closing and side work duties as assigned and perform other duties as assigned./$3.25+ tips;
- Cook: Complete all prep work as related to their shift for hotl ine, prepare all orders exactly as ordered and to chefs specifications, prepare all food items as ordered with quality control and timeliness, adhere to ServSafe procedures and label, date, wrap and rotate all products (ice seafood), follow safety, security and kitchen procedures, clean entire station before leaving, which includes all surfaces – tops, fronts and sides of all equipment (fryer, grill, stoves and steam table), maintain under counter cooler and shelves on daily basis for cleanliness and organization, communicate with chef for any special instructions, concentration and attention to detail is required, requires some bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling, may require pushing or pulling, hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice. Other duties as assigned./$11.00;
- Name tags and other uniforms will be provided by the employer. Please bring black pants and black slip-resistant shoes.;
- One free meal per work shift.;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing assisted by the employer at a cost of $25 per week.
- Refundable housing deposit from $100 upon arrival.
- Transportation – Walk, Bike.
|Работна позиција:||Hotel worker|
|Локација на работа:||Bedford, VA|