Company Description and Location:
Block Island is located off the coast of Rhode Island, approximately 14 miles (23 km) east of Montauk Point, Long Island, and 13 miles (21 km) south from mainland Rhode Island, from which it is separated by Block Island Sound. It was named after Dutch explorer Adriaen Block. The island is a popular summer tourist destination and is known for its bicycling, hiking, sailing, fishing, and beaches. It also hosts two historic lighthouses: Block Island North Light on the northern tip of the island, and Block Island Southeast Light on the southeastern side. Much of the northwestern tip of the island is an undeveloped natural area and resting stop for birds along the Atlantic flyway.
Finn’s Seafood is spacious, long-running fish market & eatery serving New England seafood dishes, wine & beer.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1 st until September 30th
- Advanced English is required
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
Prep Cook/ Cook: preparing and portioning food for service per chef’s specifications. Must be comfortable using a knife, chopping vegetables, using a scale, following recipes. Basic kitchen/cooking knowledge is helpful. The position does not require English fluency, but must be able to understand the chef’s instructions (Level 7 or above)/ $10.50;
- Bartender: Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons. Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks. Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations. /$10.50;
- Training will be provided;
Housing and Transportation:
- Dormitory style housing in a few different locations, all of which are within walking distance to the job. 2-4 people per room, shared bathrooms on the floor. Housing is $85/week due every Thursday upon receipt of the check – it is not automatically deducted.
- Transportation – Walking distance from the restaurant
|Работна позиција:||Restaurant worker|
|Локација на работа:||Block Island, RI|