Company Description and Location:
Purchase is a hamlet in the town of Harrison, in Westchester County, New York. One myth explains that its name is derived from Harrison’s purchase, where John Harrison was to be granted as much land as he could ride in one day. There are many historic sites located in Purchase. The grave of Revolutionary War General Thomas Thomas is located on the grounds of SUNY Purchase. The grounds that SUNY Purchase now occupies was once Strathglass Farms, a dairy farm. The Quaker Friends Meetinghouse was founded in the 18th century. Purchase is also known for being one of the richest areas in the country.
Century Country Club is private 18 hole regulation length golf course can give enjoyment to golfers of all skill levels. The course is built on undulating terrain and the fairly level greens are kept well maintained.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h per week;
Start Date/End Date: June 1st until September 8th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must be able to start working according to DS dates:
- Employers need: Gender: Male / Age: 21+
- Server: Includes taking orders, serving guests food and drinks, maintaining excellent customer service throughout the meal (checking drinks, clearing plates), lifting heavy trays and full containers of dirty dishes, carrying to kitchen, stocking waitress station. Must have a positive attitude, be understanding and compassionate in a friendly and helpful way. Must like dealing with people and be professional and have an outgoing personality. Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit;
- Kitchen helper: Prepare a variety of food items for cooking, retrieve food items from the fridge or freezer. Wash, peel, and/or cut food items, including fruits, vegetables, or certain types of meats. Mix ingredients for salads. Store food in containers and in the fridge or freezer. Re-fill kitchen condiment bottles and shakers.Stack and store food supplies, equipment, or other utensils in the kitchen. Wipe down kitchen surfaces using proper sanitizers. Clean any used kitchenware (e.g., knives) or dishes;
- Lifeguard: Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule. Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout the shift and identify any safety issues. Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions. Monitor weather reports closely to ensure the safety of guests. Organize and oversee pool parties
- Tennis Court Maintenance: Constructs clay tennis courts, including the application of clay, leveling and compacting with heavy machinery, and installation of lines and net posts, as needed. Maintains hard courts by repairing nets and cracked tennis courts; cleaning for aesthetics. Prepares reports and schedules of maintenance activities as requested. Makes recommendations regarding the selection and retention of employees in temporary and day labor positions. Performs related work as required.
- Students must arrive in New York City (JFK, LGA, EWR).
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing is on-site provided by the employer free of charge;
- Transportationation – Arrival pick up provided at $0 cost. Bike or walking;
|Работна позиција:||Kitchen help/Dining room helper/ Tennis court maintenance/ Lifeguard|
|Локација на работа:||Purchase, NY|