Company Description and Location:
San Francisco has been a well-known tourist destination for decades. The city is abundant with restaurants, tours, museums, shops, and historical attractions. There are an endless array of activities to choose from such as a tour of the legendary penitentiary of Alcatraz, sample Dungeness crab in a local bistro, drive through a gargantuan Redwood tree, or ride the cable cars for a panoramic view of the city. San Francisco can be cool and foggy during the summer.
Boudin Bakery is a famous restaurant/store located in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf! It is a fun, fast-paced environment. They enjoy hiring Work & Travel students and have had students return from summer to summer! During the season they have various cultural actives in the workplace like employee potluck, celebrating birthdays, participating on J-Day in August, plus more!
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h + per week
Start Date/End Date: June 4th until September 15th – 30th
- Advanced English required;
- Cashier: Operate cash registers, handle American currency, wait on customers; stocking, cleaning, etc;
- Busser: Assist servers with all food service, clear dirty tables & re-set, help clean restaurant each night;
- Dishwasher: Clean, wash, & stock restaurant supplies, maintain a clean work area. Wash pots & pans by hand in hot water, use dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes, & cutlery. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, follow directions & read safety manual. Additional tasks or duties as requested will include sorting garbage products into proper containers, removing trash, etc. You may be assigned to any of the following locations: Boudin Fisherman’s Wharf, Chowder Hut or Boudin at Pier 39. You also may be moved to another location. You may be handling pork products. Must be quick on your feet. This is very physical, hard work so you must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves and be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Must like working with the public. You will be cross-trained in all positions as needed;
- 50% off meals while working a shift;
- Training and uniform will be provided;
- Must bring loose-fitting khaki pants that cover the ankle; no embellishment (no cargo pants) and black slip-resistant close-toed shoes like tennis shoes (no Vans, Toms, Keds, or Converse);
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing must arrange own, leads will be given.
- You can walk, ride a bike or take public transportation to work.
|Работна позиција:||Team member|
|Локација на работа:||San Francisco, CA|