Company Description and Location:
Stanley offers “the best of both worlds.” Located in the Shenandoah Valley in the beautiful Page Valley of Virginia, you will find a nature lover’s paradise. Whether it’s the tempting cool waters of the Shenandoah River, the breathtaking view of surrounding caverns, or the panoramic beauty of a mountain overlook on the Skyline Drive, we guarantee you will be well pleased with our area. We believe that you will agree with us, when we tell you we prefer to remain hidden yet easily located here in the valley.
Big Meadows Lodge is located one mile from the large, grassy meadow at mile 51 on Skyline Drive – a meadow which is ideal for gorgeous night skies viewing. Lodging accommodations range from small, rustic cabins and main lodge rooms to comfortable traditional and preferred rooms.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h+ per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 18th until August 27th – September 15th
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Housekeeper – Clean the property rooms and grounds, includes bathrooms, such as toilets and showers, changing linens, laundry, dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash. Standing for long periods, bending, lifting.
- Prep Cook – You will be responsible for preparing high-quality food items on a timely basis; cook and prepare food items according to recipes and quality standards; prepare food items for cooking; stock food items as needed; clean and maintain kitchen and food prep equipment; maintain proper sanitation controls of products; prepare sauces, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry items properly.
- Dishwasher – Clean, wash, and stock restaurant supplies while maintaining a clean work area. This is very physical, hard work so you must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves and be able to stand for 8 hours. You will wash pots and pans by hand in very hot water, and use the dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes and cutlery and then stack clean items in the appropriate area. The kitchen needs to be in sanitary, tidy & clean condition at all times. You will also be responsible for removing trash.
- Training is provided;
- Uniform items provided to you include shirt, name tag, & hat. Employees must provide their own pants and shoes.
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation provided by the employer at a cost of $25 per week ($100 refundable deposit);
- The dormitory is inside Shenandoah National Park, so students can get to work easily. It is on the same property as the employer, so students can walk to/from work. There is no transportation available in the National Park. The employer takes students to Luray each week, to shop at Walmart
|Работна позиција:||Hotel worker|
|Локација на работа:||Stanley, VA|