Company Description and Location:
Bass Harbor, Maine, is a perfect example of a quaint little fishing village on what is called the “quiet” or “back” side of Mount Desert Island – home of a large portion of Acadia National Park. It is located on the southwestern part of the island, on the opposite side of an inlet from Bernard. Many people are surprised to hear that Bass Harbor and Bernard are not separate towns at all but are both parts of the municipality of Tremont. Bass Harbor is filled with coastal photo opportunities like lobster boats and other yachts, lobster traps, and buoys, winding roads, and buildings characteristic of the area. The famous Bass Harbor Head Light is located here on parkland a short distance southeast of the harbor.
Ann’s Point is a luxurious inn, located in a beautiful coastal Maine location, surrounded by Acadia National Park. Sitting on two acres at the end of a peninsula in Bass Harbor, this lovely inn is surrounded on three sides by scenic tidal water. Four elegant and spacious guest rooms with water views, a spa featuring a Finnish sauna and a jet-filled hot tub, and nearly 700 feet of private shoreline. Hiking trails, swimming lake, shops, and restaurants are close by.
Weekly working hours: 32+
Start Date/End Date: June 20th – 26th until September 30th
- Advanced English is required
- Housekeeping & Breakfast Set-Up: Responsible for cleaning four luxury guest rooms including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, changing sheets, restocking toiletries and towels in each room. Cleaning and vacuuming common areas, doing the guest laundry, making flower arrangements for the rooms as well as some outside sweeping and maintenance, and assisting with serving breakfast to guests, clearing the tables and cleaning up after breakfast.
- Great opportunities for 2nd jobs in the area;
- Paid hourly training;
- Casual lunch provided;
- The employer will provide an Ann’s Point Inn polo shirt for the student to wear while working;
- Students must bring solid color pants in a neutral color–tan, brown, gray, black. No blue jeans. Must have sneakers or other closed-toe shoes with non-skid soles;
Housing and Transportation:
- Housing assisted by the employer at cost of $125 per week. A refundable deposit is required at cost of $200 on arrival.
- There is a free bus that goes from housing to job every day. The employer has more specific information on this bus.
|Работна позиција:||Housekeeping & Breakfast Set-Up|
|Локација на работа:||Bass Harbor, ME|