Company Description and Location:
Girdwood is a small Alaskan mountain town that sits amongst lush forest and is surrounded by the peaks of the Chugach Mountain Range. It is conveniently situated only 36 miles (61km) south of Anchorage, Alaska’s largest metropolis with an international airport. Girdwood is most definitely the place to escape your day to day grind and experience the best of Alaska.
Alyeska Resort is Alaska’s premier year-round destination featuring the 304-room Hotel Alyeska. Located 40 miles from Anchorage. Alyeska Resort sits in the heart of Girdwood, a glacier-carved valley. To the west and north, the mountains of the Chugach State Park provide a stunning backdrop over Alyeska. At 495,000 acres, it is the third largest state park in the US. The summer season brings about a multitude of recreational adventures including hiking and biking right from the hotel and throughout Girdwood Valley. Taking a scenic aerial Tram ride is a favorite among visitors of all ages and abilities. Visitors can also take a guided glacier hike. Plus, flightseeing adventures, glacier dog-sledding, and guided ice climbing are all nearby.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h+ per week
Start Date/End Date: June 1st – June 25th till September 5th – 15th
- Intermediate to Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Steward: Sort/stack dishes, load/unload dishwasher. Sort/stack/store all cleaned items in an organized & safe manner. Ensure all broken/chipped items are removed from circulation & inventoried. Ensure all floors are dry & clean at all times. Must be able to remain calm. Must lift up to 30 lbs (14 kg), as well as bend, kneel & stand for entire shift & be quick on your feet. Other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor. You may be cross-trained to assist in another department as well / $15.89;
- Housekeeper: Duties will include, but not limited to: cleaning rooms and common areas, including bathrooms, toilets, and showers, changing linens, laundry, dusting, vacuuming and emptying trash, etc. Very physically demanding. Be prepared to stand, bend, and push a 50 lb/23 kg cart all day. Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit. Other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor. You may be cross-trained to assist in another department as well / $11.00;
- Training will be provided;
- Your employer will provide shirts and pants. You must bring nice looking, comfortable, work shoes (like athletic or work shoes);
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation arranged by the employer at the cost of $125 per week, $250 deposit required upon arrival;
- There are two housing options. If students live in on-site housing, they will be able to walk to work. If they live at the Anchorage housing, they will be provided with transportation via the company shuttle.
|Работна позиција:||Resort worker|
|Локација на работа:||Girdwood, AK|