Company Description and Location:
Adventureland Inn is a very busy resort in Altoona. Des Moines is the capital and the biggest city in the state of Iowa. There are multiple activities available during the summer months including free festivals, miles of trails and outdoor concerts.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32+ per week
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 15th till August 20th – September 2nd
- Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Training provided;
- Food discounted for employees;
- The employer will provide shirt. Bring black pants and black shoes (athletic style shoe). You will also need a black or dark blue belt.
- Students should have non-slip shoes. You will also need to bring blue jeans and a white polo style shirt with a short sleeved shirt. Shirts must be white solid white, have a collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck, can be button up or pullover, cannot be open more than 3 inches below base of neckline or see-through.;
- Bar Back, Bartender: Responsibilities include being able to: communicate with customers, correctly ID customers, have knowledge of the various venues, make change for customers, and responsibly serve alcoholic beverages. An outgoing personality and positive attitude are required. All applicants should be able to lift at least 25+ pounds (11+ kg).
- Front Desk Agent: Advanced computer skills needed. Will greet guests, handle phones, reservations, checking guests in and out, American currency & credit card transactions. Must handle guest complaints with understanding & compassion, in a friendly & helpful way. Must be very customer service oriented. General knowledge of hotel including amenities and being able to assist with guest needs regarding the hotel, amusement park, campground and surrounding area as far as local businesses, all in a courteous and friendly manner;
- Groundskeeper: Must maintain outside grounds, including trash pickup and lawn and landscape maintenance, work with lawnmower machinery.
- Housekeeping: Duties include: clean rooms and bathrooms, including toilets and showers; change linens, dust, vacuum carpets and clean mirrors, bathroom, and furniture with chemicals. Restock guest rooms with linens, bathroom supplies, etc. Clean and vacuum public areas, including restrooms, and empty trash.
- Housekeeping Inspector – Duties include: strip rooms of linens and empty trash ahead of the housekeeper, open unoccupied rooms, assist housekeepers with cleaning rooms, including making beds. Pick up trash and linens from the hallways, and inspect clean rooms once the housekeeper is done.
- Laundry: You will collect dirty laundry from guest rooms, swimming pool areas, and hallways, restock clean linen in hotel linen closets. Involves also collecting trash. Must be able to lift and push up to 50lbs/23kg. Load/unload laundry into washing and drying machines, fold laundry. There will also be other duties assigned as needed.
- Pool Attendant/Cabana Team Member: You will clean the pool area, empty trash, arrange lounge chairs/tables, work towel stations, serve guests. This is a very physical job. Must be able to lift or push 25-50lb/11-23kg, remove used pool towels and restock with clean new towels, maintain a safe yet fun environment within pool areas and assure that guests follow posted pool rules guidance.
- Busser: This position is very fast paced! Clear and clean tables and dining area with a courteous and proficient manner. You must have great customer service and language skills.
- Food Runner: Assists servers with filling waters, restocking host station, etc. Communicate with the kitchen staff while running food to guest tables in a timely manner.
- Host: Greet and seat guests in a courteous and proficient manner. Must have a great team attitude, and be a dependable, hardworking, friendly and very trustworthy and honest individual.
- Food Prep: prepare food items for cooking. Clean, wash, stock restaurant supplies and equipment while maintaining a clean work area.
- Dishwasher – wash pots and pans by hand in the very hot water, and use the dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes, and cutlery and then stack clean items in the appropriate area. Will also be removing trash and helping keep the kitchen area clean.
- Games Team Member/Rides Assistant: Duties include working in one of many games or arcades located throughout the park. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to handling American currency (basic math skills), encouraging people to play the games, handing out prizes to winners, standing and walking the entire shift.
- Lifeguard: Must be an advanced and very strong swimmer and have submitted swimming video if you want to be considered for this position. Duties: Ensure safety of all guests by watching the assigned pool area; speaking up if guests are running or playing too rough. Maintain high safety standards, maintaining skills at a rescue-ready level at all times and demonstrating
exceptional guest service skills. You will be assisting with tasks such as water safety, water park tubes, and helping with line control.
- Costume Character Entertainer: Duties include but are not limited to the following: Entertaining guests through 3 live shows a day as well as walking through the park with a co-worker as the mascot handler while interacting with guests of all ages. Employees will be dancing and acting without words while being dressed in a character costume.
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation must arrange own, will be given instructions. There is one option for housing from May till August with an average cost of $105 per week. (No deposit required);
- Transportation – Free dart bus to and from work. Housing is 7 miles (11 km) from Adventureland;
|Работна позиција:||Team Member|
|Плата:||$7.25 - $10.50 + possible tips|
|Локација на работа:||Altoona, IA|