Company Description and Location:
Welcome to The Sydney, a boutique Edgartown hotel with deep Vineyard roots in a thoroughly modern setting. Comprised of two buildings—one, the elegant 19th century home of whaling captain Charles Willams Fisher, the other Edgartown’s newest hotel building, beautifully designed from top-to-bottom. The chic jewel that is The Sydney is located in the heart of Edgartown and is also home to the renowned l’etoile restaurant. Featuring eight stylish Edgartown hotel accommodations in the original Captain’s House and an additional 14 in the new building, The Sydney is your key to a private and relaxing vacation in the hub of Martha’s Vineyard. Read our amenities page for more information.
Step outside our Edgartown inn’s front door onto Water Street, one of Edgartown’s most sought after addresses. Specialty shops, galleries, and gourmet restaurants line the street. The famous Edgartown Harbor is one block away. A short stroll brings you to Lighthouse Beach—home to one of five historic lighthouses on the Vineyard. Swim in the beautiful waters overlooking Chappaquiddick or simply relax with a good book and a picnic lunch.
Weekly working hours: avg. 32h
Start Date/End Date: May 15th – June 1st / September 15th
- Intermediate to Advanced English level is required;
- Must arrive on time and start working according to DS dates;
- Houseman: Cleaning and maintaining guest rooms, bathrooms, work areas, furnishings, and carpets. Cleaning rooms include duties such as changing bed linens and emptying trash as well as vacuuming carpets and dusting furniture. You’ll also replenish guest supplies, such as hand soap and shampoo. Your duties don’t end with guest rooms, however, because you’re responsible for cleaning common areas, such as banquet and meeting rooms. Secondary duties may include shoveling snow from walkways, assisting bellmen, answering guest questions and helping the front desk person;
- Students must bring comfortable non-slip shoes, polo shirts, and black khakis;
Housing and Transportation:
- Accommodation provided by the employer with a cost of $125 per week;
- Housing on site;
|Локација на работа:||Edgartown, MA|